Efficiently refreshing. That's out-of-site! Available with and without nails!
The low-profile, shingle-over look of VenturiVent Plus creates a clean, uncluttered roofline. It installs on the peak of the roof, allowing exhaust ventilation along the entire ridge -- end-to-end. With a 12" width, matching shingles can be installed over the vent, allowing the vent to appear almost invisible from the ground.
VenturiVent Plus features an external baffle that maximizes airflow performance and helps protect the attic from weather infiltration. It’s also designed for easy installation. Factor in the aesthetic advantages of a low-profile ridge vent and it’s easy to see why VenturiVent Plus is the vent of choice by roofing professionals
Available with a bag of nails and without nails.
The low-profile, shingle-over look of VenturiVent Plus creates a clean, uncluttered roofline; and the vent performs better than other types of exhaust vents which are a lot more noticeable on the roof.
- Exceptional airflow. An external baffle creates low pressure over the vent openings to "pull" air from the attic. VenturiVent Plus provides 18 square inches of net free area per linear foot.
- Advanced weather protection. The external baffle deflects wind and weather over the vent to help protect the attic from rain and snow infiltration.
- Easy Installation. VenturiVent Plus has pre-printed slot guides for truss or ridge pole construction. Pre-drilled nailing holes are designed to assure proper nailing. The vent is pre-formed to a 4/12 pitch, and fits pitches from 3/12 to 16/12.
- Provides peace of mind for the homeowner and installer.
- Available with and without nails. VenturiVent Plus with nails has 30 3-inch ring shank, galvanized roofing nails bagged and taped to each 4-foot piece inside the carton. Installers will not have to hassle with removing nails that are snapped along the side of the vent prior to fastening.
hen installed properly, all Air Vent products mentioned here comply with the net free area requirements of nationally recognized model codes, including those written by the International Code Council. In addition, the vents have product evalutation approvals from Dade County, Florida, ICC and TDI.
Please call 1-800-AIR-VENT to obtain code body information for a particular Air Vent product.
Here's an overview of the specifications for Air Vent's complete line of ridge ventilation products.
View the wide range of colors in which our products are available in our pdf color chart (12 KB).
Air Vent Color Chart
Venting packs contain four pieces plus two end plugs, three connector plugs and straps. Flash FilterVent includes four pieces of Supplemental Flashing.
Note: Venting packs can be shipped UPS, except Zinc.
THE SIMPLE MATHEMATICS OF A BALANCED RIDGE VENTILATION SYSTEM
- According to most building codes, you need 1 square foot of ventilation for every 150 square feet of attic floor space.
- For new home construction that includes a vapor retarder, the minimum is 1 square foot of ventilation for every 300 square feet of attic floor space.
- If your vents are split between ridge vents and intake vents, the minimum requirement is also 1 square foot of ventilation for every 300 square feet of attic floor space.
To determine how many feet of net free area you need, use this formula:
|Square feet of attic floor space
|=||Square feet of net free area needed|
|1500 square feet of attic floor space
|=||5 square feet of free are a needed|
- To determine how many feet of ShingleVent® II, Multi-Pitch FilterVent® or VenturiVent Plus™ you need, use this formula:
- 1/2 net free area x 144 ÷ 18 = feet of ridge vent needed
- For example: 2.5 (based on net free area of 5 square feet) x 144 ÷ 18 = 20 feet of ridge vent needed
- To determine how many feet of Air Vent soffit vents you need, use this formula:
- 1/2 net free area x 144 ÷ 9 = feet of soffit vent needed
- For example: 2.5 (based on net free area of 5 square feet) x 144 ÷ 9 = 40 feet of soffit vent needed
- The following charts may be used to:
- 1. Determine how much net free area is needed to satisfy FHA requirements.
- 2. Balance your ridge vent system.
DETERMINING VENTILATION REQUIREMENTS
|Min. Net Free Area Required
(if balanced between intake and exhaust)
Note: ShingleVent II and Multi-Pitch FilterVent provide 18" of net free area per linear foot.
- Measure the square footage of the attic (length x width).
- Measure the length of the ridge.
- Refer to the chart above for required net free area and minimum length of ridge for attic square footage.
- Note: In most cases, the length of the ridge balanced with the same net free area of intake vents will satisfy FHA minimum standards and most building codes.
- Use the chart below to calculate the amount of intake vents that should be installed to balance your ridge vent system.
- Always install ridge vents from end to end across the entire ridge for best appearance and to provide maximum ventilation area.
- Hip roofs, dormers and T- or L-shaped roofs may require a specially designed ventilation system. For information, request a copy of Air Vent's Principles of Attic Ventilation.See Contact Us.
Balancing Your Ridge Vent System
|Length of Ridge||Linear Feet of
Continuous Soffit Vent
|Number of Undereave Vents|
|16" x 8"||16" x 6"||16" x 4"|
VenturiVent Plus VVP (without nails) and VenturiVent Plus VVPN (with nails)
This shingle-over ridge vent is black and comes in 4 foot lengths.
Learn about warranty coverage, transferability, limitations, other conditions and customer responsibilities.
Read the full warranty and the list of eligible products.
For Warranty information and questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
The Air Vent Product that you have purchased has a limited warranty from the date of purchase against defects in workmanship and materials. The length of the warranty varies by product. Please see attached chart for details. Any part believed to be defective must be returned to the factory (Air vent, Inc., 4117 Pinnacle Point Dr, Suite 400, Dallas, Texas 75211) freight prepaid. If found to be defective following examinations, any defective part will be replaced free of charge and returned freight prepaid. This warranty does not cover any labor costs, including those required for field repair or replacement or removal of any allegedly defective part.
Air Vent shall not be liable for, and this warranty does not apply to, any failure, defect or damage resulting from or connected with misuse, abuse, neglect or improper handling or staging , or installation not in strict adherence to Air Vent’s written instructions; impact of foreign objects, fire, flood, earthquake, lightning, hurricane, hail, tornado or other violent storms or other act of God; or defects in failure of or damage caused by materials used as roofing base over which the product is installed or by movement, distortion, cracking or settling of walls or the foundation of the building.
Air Vent reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its products including color, and shall not be liable as a result of such discontinuation or modification, nor shall Air Vent be liable in the event replacement material may vary in color in comparison to the original product as a result of normal weathering. If Air Vent replaces any product under this warranty, it may substitute products designated by Air Vent to be of comparable quality or price range in the event the product initially installed has been discontinued or modified.
Replacement Plus™ Protection
Products are covered by Replacement Plus™ protection (see attached for applicable products) for a period of time (varies by product) provided that the product has been installed in strict accordance with Air Vent’s written installation instructions. Under this warranty feature, Air Vent, at no charge, will replace any product found to be defective during the Replacement Plus™ period (Replacement Plus™ period begins when the product installation is completed). Air Vent’s maximum liability under Replacement Plus will be equal to the reasonable cost to replace the defective product, including labor.
In instances in which Air Vent, according to the terms of this warranty, has agreed to pay the cost of labor required to replace a defective intake vent, Air Vent will provide reimbursement only upon receipt of a copy of the contractor’s invoice or other written evidence of the completion of the work which Air Vent, at its sole discretion, deems acceptable.
Provided that the products covered by this warranty have been installed in strict accordance with the Air Vent Inc. written installation instructions and in accordance with all local codes and standards, including those pertaining to fire-rated construction, Air Vent warrants to the original purchaser or first subsequent owner of the property that the product is free from manufacturing defects for the described length below from the date of purchase. If there is a change in ownership, the warranty may be transferred by the original purchaser of the product to the new owner (first subsequent owner) under the terms and conditions of this warranty.
The electrical motor is to be used solely as a direct replacement for a motor of the same model in an Air Vent, Inc, power attic ventilator. Using the motor in any other product could result in electrical shock and/or fire, which may cause property damage, serious injury or even death. Any motor replacement should be installed by a qualified licensed electrician in accordance with local, state and national electrical codes and standards. Make sure that power to the unit has been completely turned OFF at the breaker before approaching or inspecting the power attic ventilator or installing the replacement motor.
This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other oral or written warranties, liabilities or obligations of Air Vent. Pertinent state law shall control for what period of time subsequent to sale a consumer/homeowner may seek a remedy pursuant to the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Air Vent be liable for consequential or incidental damages of any kind, including any damage to the building, its contents or any persons therein, resulting from the breach of any warranty set forth herein, unless exclusion of these types of damages are specifically prohibited by state law. No field representative of Air Vent or any distributor or dealer is authorized to make any change or modifications to this warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
The following warranty is effective 6/23/2017.
|Product||Warranty||Replacement Plus Protection|
|ShingleVent ®II ridge vent (12", 9", 7", Class A 9" and 7")||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Peak Performer™ I & II Rolled ridge vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Multi-Pitch FilterVent® ridge vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|The Edge™ Vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Hip Ridge® Vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|VenturiVent™ Plus ridge vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|VenturiVent™ Rolled ridge vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|ATTIC-AIRE™ ALL SEASONS™ Filtered Ridge Vent and Roll Vent||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Power Cool Plus™ Power Attic Ventilator- model PC15||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Power Cool Plus™ Power Attic Ventilator- model PC12||10 Year Limited Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Power Cool™ Power Attic Ventilator- model BR28||10 Year Limited Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Power Cool™ Power Attic Ventilator- model BR26||5 Year Limited||2 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|High Efficiency Roof-Mount Power Vent- model HE15||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Solar Power Fan- (models NPSP8WW, SC8BL, NPSG8)||5 Year Limited Warranty||2 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Gable-Mount Power Fans (APG, APGH)- with Humidistat||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Gable-Mount Power Fans (WCGB)- with Thermostat||10 Year Limited Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Gable-Mount Power Fans (model WCGA)||5 Year Limited Warranty||2 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Gable-Mount Power Fan Solar (NPSG8)||5 Year Limited Warranty||2 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Gable-Mount 20 Watt Solar Fan (1020APV)||5 Year Limited Warranty on Fan Motors||20 Year Limited on Solar Panel, Fan Housings|
|Whole-House Fans||10 Year Limited Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Roof Mount Power Vent (ASRHP, SV3000)||Limited Lifetime Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Roof Mount Power Vent (RV26, RV28)||10 Year Limited Warranty||5 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Roof Mount Power Vent (NPSP8WW, SC8BL)||5 Year Limited Warranty||2 year Replacement Plus™ protection|
|Automatic Foundation Vent||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Heavy Duty Automatic Foundation Vent||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Powered Foundation Vent||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Ridge Vent 20’||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|Airhawk® Wind Turbines (TIB, TOB series)||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|Attic Aire™ Wind Turbines (WT series)||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Airhawk® Static Vents (RVG55, B144)||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Low Voltage Foundation Vent (Series 5 & 6, Radon)||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Solar Power Fan (AV9912TR, AV9920TR, AV9930TR)||5 Year Limited Warranty on Fan Motors||20 Year Limited on Solar Panel, Fan Housings|
|Skylight Tubes (1914ST, 2114ST)||10 Year Limited Warranty|
|US Sunlight Solar Controller (SC20)||1 Year Limited Warranty on Unit, Remote|