The Edge™ Vent
Air Vent’s The Edge™ Vent provides proper intake ventilation for homes with little or no overhang. It’s a roof-top installed, shingle-over intake vent designed based on roofing contractor feedback from our Ask the Expert™ seminars. It can be used to supplement existing soffit or undereave vents as well.
The Edge Vent provides 9 square inches of net free area per linear foot to balance with ShingleVent® II ridge vents and other Air Vent exhaust vents.
- Roof-top installation keeps the roofer on the roof
- Internal baffles and filter provide weather protection
- Constructed of same material as industry-trusted ShingleVent II ridge vents
- Each 4-ft piece has integrated end plugs on each end
- Radius design allows for increased airflow
- 3/4" low profile
- Minimum roof pitch: 3/12
- Setting tabs on bottom underside assist with installation
- Key component of The Balanced System™ for Attic Ventilation
- Limited Lifetime Warranty and 5-year Replacement Plus™ Protection.
The Edge™ Vent Passes 30-Day Ice Dam Test
Using third-party testing, The Edge Vent was intentionally covered under an ice dam—withstanding 30 days of freeze/thaw cycles. Check out the condition of the roof deck under the vent and the attic space below it.
Using The Edge™ Vent with Gutter Protection Devices
Can they coexist? Read more »
Roofing Contractor magazine featuring Edge™ Vent and Hip Ridge® Vent successes.
Check out what others are saying about Edge™ Vent and Hip Ridge® Vent. Read more »
UPDATED: The Balanced Attic Ventilation System: Gaining The Edge
The 10-minute video The Balanced Attic Ventilation System: Gaining The Edge is aimed at both roofing professionals and their homeowner customers.
The video explains how only a balanced system of both intake vents and exhaust vents can maximize the attic vents’ ability to help:
- reduce heat buildup
- reduce moisture buildup
- prevent ice dams
- prolong the life of building materials
- It also includes Air Vent’s newest game-changing solutions: The Edge Vent & Hip Ridge Vent.
Edge Vent FAQs | Specifications | The Edge Vent Install Instructions (436k) | The Edge Vent Installation Detail (1.1 MB) | The Balanced System.pdf (1.4 MB) | AV_Edge Vent-drawingDetail.pdf (40k)
Edge Vent-InfoSheet.pdf (2 MB) | Edge Vent Transition Instruction (424k) | Edge Vent Passes 30-Day Ice Dam Test.pdf (1MB) | Edge Vent Ice Dam Freeze Thaw Simulation: 3rd Party Report.pdf (1.3MB)
Water Ponding with The Edge Vent is a Non-Issue Highlights (719k) | Water Ponding with The Edge Vent is a Non-Issue 3rd Party Report (1.5MB)