Ask the Expert Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I register?
Registration is currently open for our 2018 seminars. Click here to view the schedule and to reserve your spot. You can also use the Air Vent app.
2. Can I bring a guest or colleague?
Yes. Air Vent encourages you to bring anyone you think would benefit from the seminar. Please officially register for yourself and all guests so we can plan for seating and food accordingly.
3. Will I receive a reminder confirmation letter?
No. Air Vent does not send confirmation notices but an automatically generated email will be sent within minutes of signing up to the email address used during registration.
4. Is there a charge to attend the seminar?
No. The seminar and the food are both FREE.
5. I forgot to officially register. Can I just show up?
Yes, but it’s best to register if at all possible so Air Vent can properly prepare for seating and food for all attendees.
6. How long is the seminar?
The seminar is 2 hours long. Thirty minutes before the seminar starts FREE food is served. The entire schedule of 1st quarter 2018 seminars can be found on this page.
7. Do you have directions to the hotel?
No. Air Vent does not provide directions. However, you can find a map to the hotel address using the Internet. The hotel address can be found on our seminar schedule page.
8. Will I receive a Certificate of Attendance?
Yes, but only if you submit a Feedback Form at the end of the seminar before leaving the seminar and answer “yes” to the question on the Form specific to “Do you want a Certificate of Attendance?” Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for your certificate and any other post-seminar materials to arrive.
9. How do I receive continuing education credits?
Every attendee who requests a Certificate of Attendance via the Feedback Form collected immediately after the seminar will receive his/her certificate within 3-4 weeks. You can submit a copy of that Certificate to any organization you belong to and ask if they will grant continuing education credits. The following organizations currently recognize Air Vent’s seminar as suitable for continuing education credits:
- American Society of Home Inspectors (2 credits)
- National Association of Home Inspectors (2 credits)
- American Institute of Inspectors (2 credits)
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (1.5 credits)
- American Institute of Building Design (2 credits)
- Roof Consultants Institute (1.5 credits)
- American Institute of Architects (2 hours in the category of “Health, Safety & Welfare” as long as attendees submit their AIA number on the Air Vent Feedback Form the day of the seminar)
- Alliance of Canadian Home Inspectors (2 credits)
“I rank this seminar near the very top of all presentations I’ve witnessed and attended. It was phenomenal in scope, extremely educational and very entertaining.”
– James Peterson, DataWorks International, Bethlehem, PA